Data Protection and GDPR
Your Personal Data – What is It?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified by the data provided to us. Identification can be by means of the information supplied or in conjunction with other information in the data controller’s possession, or likely to come into their possession. The processing is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/2017 (abbreviated to “GDPR”)
Who decides how your information is processed?
Fairman Harris’ data controller is Shafiq Meghani, whose contact details are available on our website. This person decides how your personal data is processed within our organisation.
What data do we collect?
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, communications); comments, feedback, and personal profile.
How do we process the information you provide?
Fairman Harris complies with all obligations under GDPR by keeping your personal data safe, secure and up to date. This includes policies concerning storing, destroying, or retaining data. Fairman Harris is also responsible for preventing loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, and for ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to make sure your information is secure.
For what purpose will your data be processed?
Fairman Harris will use your data to enable us to supply our services to you during our normal business activity. In addition, we collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data
Fairman Harris has a lawful basis for processing data under Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR regulation. This includes where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party, or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
Where you, the customer, have requested a quotation for goods and services, we need to obtain personal data to provide you with the information requested.
We may share your information with other parties in fulfilment of a contract. This may include credit agencies, financial institutions, our suppliers, and delivery companies.
We may also be required to share the personal data you supply us with other data controllers to comply with a common law or statutory obligation.
We will not sell or share your personal data with other companies.
Your Rights under GDPR
1. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data Fairman Harris holds about you.
2. The right to correct any inaccurate personal information
3. The right to request erasure of personal information where it is no longer necessary to retain the information for statutory contractual purposes
4. The right to withdraw your consent for processing at any time if consent is relied upon as a processing condition
5. The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability)
6. The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction be placed on further processing
7. The right to object to the processing of personal data (only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests)
8. The right to lodge a complaint with the Information communication Office
9. Online: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at email@example.com or send us mail to: Fairman Harris, Third Floor North, 224-236 Walworth Road, London SE17 1JE.